[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New? LIT site.
- To: Zenon Kulpa <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: New? LIT site.
- From: "Kevin 'Tex' Houston" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 21:41:25 -0700
- CC: KellySt@aol.com, T.L.G.vanderLinden@student.utwente.nl, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, David@InterWorld.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, DotarSojat@aol.com, email@example.com, MLEN3097@Mercury.GC.PeachNet.EDU, 101765.2200@CompuServe.COM, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- References: <9607101158.AA03332@zmit1.ippt.gov.pl>
Zenon Kulpa wrote:
> Seems interesting to me. At least, this has a chance
> to be a "professional" site with constant maintenance
> and little or no problems with the provider...
Is that a yes, a no, or a maybe?
> > 2) Your monetary help. Requested only. no pressure. no special recognition either
> > way. Judging from the size of the mailing list, I would ask $10.00 from each of
> > you to help with start-up costs.
> This may scare away some of us, especially these far away...
I must not have been very clear. I would not ask for money again. I'm only asking it
of those now on the mail-list (If you are reading this, then I'm asking you) but new
members would not be asked.
> > I hope to sell server space for
> > $2.00/Megabyte/month and to sell ads.
> Do you mean ads will be displayed at the LIT pages?
Ads _could_ be displayed, that is not mandatory. it certainly requires group concensus
before hand. I mostly meant that URLY-BIRD.com wold be selling server space and ads.
> It has its advantages (e.g., possibility for sponsorships)
> and disadvantages (e.g., labelling the site as "commercial").
www.urly-bird.com _will_ be a commercial site. SSD may join that site and display ads