Re: New? LIT site.

Zenon Kulpa wrote:

> Seems interesting to me. At least, this has a chance
> to be a "professional" site with constant maintenance
> and little or no problems with the provider...

Is that a yes, a no, or a maybe?

> > 2) Your monetary help.  Requested only.  no pressure.  no special recognition either
> >    way.  Judging from the size of the mailing list, I would ask $10.00 from each of
> >    you to help with start-up costs.
> >
> This may scare away some of us, especially these far away...

I must not have been very clear.  I would not ask for money again.  I'm only asking it
of those now on the mail-list (If you are reading this, then  I'm asking you) but new
members would not be asked.

> > I hope to sell server space for
> > $2.00/Megabyte/month and to sell ads.
> >
> Do you mean ads will be displayed at the LIT pages?

Ads _could_ be displayed, that is not mandatory.  it certainly requires group concensus
before hand.  I mostly meant that URLY-BIRD.com wold be selling server space and ads.

> It has its advantages (e.g., possibility for sponsorships)
> and disadvantages (e.g., labelling the site as "commercial").

www.urly-bird.com  _will_ be a commercial site.  SSD may join that site and display ads
or not.

Kevin