In-system vessels

>>From all things we talked about, I think that would be the easiest part. I
>>assume that at the time humankind will build a starship, in solarsystem
>>travel will be as normal as flying over the ocean (with an airplane).
>
>Well by 2050 it wount be that common.  Also LIT does have a space
>development (or whatever its named) section.  Not just a starship design
>section.

This is an invalid argument, assuming we are going to build a starship
around the year 2050, I'm sure we know rather well how to do in-system
travel, then we also don't worry about a factor 10 more or less of
fuel-costs. (Of course we do worry, but compared to 1E18 watt everything is
small.)
I can't see us building a 1E8 kg starship without being able to fly without
much problems in our own system.
It would be like sailing over the ocean with a four-masts-ship while barely
knowing how to row across the river.

Timothy