Re: Post singularity society

Kelly wrote:
>Don't see the connection.  We have the technology and resources to make a
>nice wealthy world for everyone now.  Doesn't mean everyone can or will
>join in.  (No we don't need to shrink the population.)

Many simple things still need to be done by humans, growing food, building
houses etc. Transferring these goods also costs lots of money and human work.
All this makes that many normal Western needs are not free at all, when
energy is free and machines (AIs) do the work then the resources are
available, today these resources are only available to those who have enough
money.
I thus don't see why you can say that technology and resources are not the
problem.

Timothy