Re: OK, here the right calculus (I hope)

Kelly:
> Kevin:
> > If it's not too much trouble, can you figure this for
> > a constant maser beam How much extra RM will we need?
>
> > A decreasing maser beam is possible, it's only a time
> > delay calculation, but a constant beam would solve
> > some engineering problems
>
> Don't wory.  Most of the beam wount hit the sail/collector anyway.  If you
> want less beam, furl in the sail a little.

Hey Kelly! that's a great idea.  =8-)

Ok Tim, never mind.  Kelly's solution is much more elegant than the one I
was thinking of using.  This way earth sends a constant maser beam, and
we decrease our collection of it as the need arises.

hmm...   must do some more thinking.  Main problem now is how to make a
sail/collector big enough and light enough to catch the energy, while
having it be strong enough to withstand the forces.   %^|

Kevin