Re: starship-design: Small Steps Keep Us Grounded

I agree with a lot of this, especial the contrast of space advocacy groups
vrs the federalist group.  But I'm much less optimistic about NASA after the
SLI (space launch initiative) reports came in.  They again focused on very
old crude designs, optimized for NASA's needs, and not optimized for
practicality or commercial adaptability.  I mean when your bold new idea is
mini-shuttle on the tip of multistage expendable booster?!  That was a old
Air force proposal for a X-15 spin off in the mid '60's!  NASA might want to
at least look at concepts like Blackhorse the airforce came up with a decade
or two ago!!

NASA needs to be more of a aeronautical research org.  One supporting
aeospace and space launch systems.  Not just eternal research on
technollogies decades away from use, but trying to get something developed
and runing now that could really make a difference.  Top on the list for
space is a versital, relyable, low cost, space launcher.

Kelly