Re: starship-design: Re: Spacedrive

In a message dated 2/21/02 9:37:12 PM Pacific Standard Time, KellySt@aol.com
writes:

<< Subj:     starship-design: Re: Spacedrive
 Date:  2/21/02 9:37:12 PM Pacific Standard Time
 From:  KellySt@aol.com
 Sender:    owner-starship-design@lists.uoregon.edu
 To:    energy@isl.is
 CC:    starship-design@lists.uoregon.edu

 Dear Thorsteinn Olafsson,

 Thanks for your interest, but I'm no longer with NASA and the LIT site never
 had any funding to do research and development.  Nor do we have connections
 to aquire any.

 Its sounds like you have a theoretical concept with no working hardware.

 In a message dated 2/21/02 9:12:22 PM, energy@isl.is writes:

 >Kelly Stark,
 >

 >I saw your website and was thinking whether you were still in on the
 spaceprogram
 >and to design vehicles or technologies for such purpose?

Hi Thorstein,
I am Tom, inventor of a space drive my self so have been where you are now so
will try to be helpful, but can do better with private correspondence out
side this group for the group is good for evaluating  many well known
technologies and you cannot beat the database at LIT for good info. However;
evaluating "new" technologies requires special skills and training in the
prior art. That would be me, you need to talk to. As new technologies are
fragile and the inventors need the upmost respect and not critisim and
skeptical discourse. So please use private correspondance with me for an
"objective evaluation". If you require a written "statement of
confidentiality" from me you will recieve it, if your intelectual property is
not yet protected by copyright, patent application, or document as your
authored works filed with your local courthouse and date stamped should prior
invention issues arrive.

>The reason I ask
 >this is because I am an inventor which have a spacedrive technology that
 >might open up space for us. I have been trying to introduce my project
 >to several sources but the agencies and institutions I have contacted seem
 >to be running their program on some strick schedule.

I found that out also.

> This means that to
 >manage to do something like this or deal with more unconventional
 technologies
 >it have to be financed by the private sector and a people with an open
 >mind.

What size monies are you talking about? "All machines are expandable or
reducable in size depending on how big or small we can make the parts."  That
is the second law of engineering following "form follows funtction"

Aalso people >

 >I might be a pretty good inventor but my sources becomes very poor when
 >comes to financial issues or to fund something like this. In that case
 >I was thinking whether it would be possible to join forces in these matters?

Does it require any precious metals or special nuclear materials.
or future discovery. If not make a little bitty one to demonstarate in a
proof of prinuiple test"  It makes no sense for an inventor to build his
invention to see if it will work. A good inventor knows his invention will
work and then he builds it. Other wise his garage soon fill up with unworking
inventions and he gets out of the business.

 >I have of course details over my technologies but the technologies are
 >mathematically proven where very simple and positive tests have been done

Very good. state if you need a written statement of confidentialy from me
before you can discuss it.

 >but where the technology still needs further development of course. The
 >physics behind this also explains certain factors in our environment or
 >in conventional physics which still have not been explained or understood.

No problem,
There is no legal reguirement any inventor knows what an atom looks like or
how it works because no scientists know that.  All atom models are "theory"

 >In that case what is good about this technology is that if I am correct
 >about this which I think I am then the calculations showes pretty clear
 >how much thrust the spacedrive gives out compared to size and weight. At
 >certain point I was aiming at the Xprize competiton but that is not the
 >main issue.

Agreed. It is good to adreess only the issues.

 >As I said before then I need fund regarding this project to be able to
 >continue and in my mind this spacedrive technology could look quite
promising
 >even though certain technical factors must be solved. This technology is

Can they be solved with thought experiments? Can the solutions already exist
but not researched historically in a world wide patent search of existing
technology.?  Would you like me to teach you or do the world wide search
yourself for free. If not I will do the search for you free.

 >very simple and will be cheap to build.

Very special indeed.

 >Just so you know then I am not joking about this.

I see no new technology as a "Joke"

 >Sincerely
 >
 >Thorsteinn Olafsson
 >
  >Reykjavik, Iceland