Re: starship-design: Notice of Trespass

<< That is great Tom!  So when do we head for the stars?

soon as you click on the applet below, or can drag mankind kind kicking and
scraming there. Few would go. Crew will have to be hijacked.
All I can give yoor to go is a apple(t) you can launch your self clicking the
below link.

<<I'm afraid we will all be dead before you become famous.

Yea, even if I leave to the stars in a 1 g ship going to near light speed. by
the time I return my earth twin will be ancient bones due to Time dilation
effects. I have to use C + V ship to shake his hand on return.

<<it will be our great great grand kids that see your name in the history
books under famous American inventors who were ignored because they didn't
have the right credentials or contacts.

Rekon so. I did not chose to go to the stars for the parade back home.

 <<Maybe you will get to come back in another life and reap the rewards of
your efforts.

Reincarnation? What happened to that nice catholic school boy I was friends
with.

Do not let the pope see this but

a reader write.....
It looks like some eyes are less dim now, it looks like some people are
getting what I meant when I said it will have to be a two part ship, that is
the way it is written in Egyptian engravings and scrolls...........

SK8R
Yes,
Two parts exhaust(e) and rocket(r) only as momentum(P) is equal to Mass(M)
times Velocity(V) then in a reaction engine for each action there is a equal
and opposite reaction conserving momentum (Newton's First Law expressed
mathematicly as MeVe=MrVr as the momentum of the rocket in one direction is
alway equal to the momentum of the exhaust in the other direction at any
point in time any where in the universe so is considered a Universal Law.

Jesus Christ or Anoksunamen must obey the Universal Law and if they ascended
to the heavens in a 1 g rocket then they can easily return alive today
obeying Einstein's relativity laws.

So behave and obey the law cause they might be ticked off when they return.

<< However, I was hoping you would get filthy rich in this life and start
living large, and I would go live with you and help <<you spend your fortune
like a good friend is supposed to do.

Still hopeful but if I end up famous only after death perhaps it is a type of
immortality itself to be spoken of until the end of time. Even today I enjoy
my 3 minutes of fame with the worlds first legal star ship license. You know
what they say about inventors of new technology- as first. you remain number
1 till the end of time.

>  Let me know if there are any break throughs.

Just mine, occuring on a daily basis.

 BTW have you ever read any of the Urantia Book?  Talk about the stars and
heavens and the universe always makes me think about it.

Nope. Will see what I can find about it.  I am also interest in the catholic
books of bible sometimes put  between the new and old testament. Know any
thing about them? name, author where to locate. They had a lot of sex stuff
in them so do not get around much after king james.

One of my readers sk8r wrote, and I responded.

It looks like some eyes are less dim now, it looks like some people are
getting what I meant when I said it will have to be a two part ship, that is
the way it is written in Egyptian engravings and scrolls...........

my reply
SK8R
Yes,
Two parts exhaust(e) and rocket(r) only as momentum(P) is equal to Mass(M)
times Velocity(V) then in a reaction engine for each action there is a equal
and opposite reaction conserving momentum (Newton's First Law expressed
mathematicly as MeVe=MrVr as the momentum of the rocket in one direction is
alway equal to the momentum of the exhaust in the other direction at any
point in time any where in the universe so is considered a Universal Law.

Jesus Christ or Anoksunamen must obey the Universal Law and if they ascended
to the heavens in a 1 g rocket then they can easily return alive today
obeying Einstein's relativity laws.

So behave and obey the law cause they might be ticked off when they return.

to another i wrote
No telling what math errors will be found in the future. It would seem wise
not to consider a minimum energy requirement journey to any star for the
reasons you gave. Perhaps a craft would have to have enough energy to go
anywhere in in the universe and back to succeed. I found some good numbers
indicating that very possiblility even if the speed is limited to just below
light speed. The only difference from  C + V travel is your earth twin would
be ancient bones if you return with the C -V ship.

Here are the numbers for C -V ship dilated time near c Vs earth time at 10 g
acceleration.

Alpha Centauri   4.36 ly       268 days      0.999128      4.56 years
     Sirius        8.64 ly       314 days      0.999769      8.84 years
     Polaris        783 ly      1.71 years    0.999999997   783.4 years

  ...and onward to the heart of the galaxy...

Nucleus, Milky Way 32616 ly     2.43 years  0.9999999999830  32637 years

  and into the realm beyond.  The velocities start to take so
  many digits to write I have write them on the next line!

Andromeda galaxy  2,180,000 ly  3.22 years 0.999999999999996 2,181,447 years
Virgo cluster   42,000,000 ly  3.78 years         V        42,027,876 years
                                           0.99999999999999999
Quasar 3C273  2,500,000,000 ly 4.56 years         V     2,501,659,318 years
                                          0.999999999999999999997
Universe edge 17,000,000,000 ly 4.93 years         V    17,011,283,360 years

Grasshopper,
Star travel is no place for girlie boys.
Yoda

How did yoda get in here?
Here is the energy available for star travel calculations.for C plus or minus
v ship.

An ordinary chemical rocket can control by throttle an exhaust flow rate to
give 1 g acceleration for several hours based on tests of rockets reaching an
average 15g for many minutes such as "Hellious".
At less than 1 year = 356 days time 24 hours =8544 hours of 1 g acceleration
are needed to exceed c.
Versus present chemical rockets, 8,544/3(several) times more power is needed
so
that acceleration time can be measured at greater than 356 days to excced c.
The chemical vs atomic power to mass unit ratio based on atomic bomb and
reactor test measurements are best "guesstamated" at 1,000,000 to 100,000,000
times the power possible with chemical rockets so atomic rockets of good
design
can maintain 1 g acceleration for 351 to 35100 years.

This applet lets you plan how long a trip will take on a rocket that travels
near the speed of light. You type the distance of the trip (measured in light
years) and the acceleration of the rocket (measured as a multiple of Earth's
gravity). The rocket will accelerate at that rate for half of the trip, then
decelerate at the same rate for the second half of the trip.

The time for the trip is measured in two ways: (1) As seen by a person who
stays behind on Earth, and (2) as measured by you on the ship. For your
convenience, space-sickness pills are available aft of the observation
lounge.

pluging in 4.25 light years to near star at 1 g acceleration the calculater
gives:

Trip length: 4.25 light years.
Acceleration: 1.0 g.
Time on earth: 5.8780560467144 years.
Time on ship: 3.544401860293398 years.

The distance between the eart and a near star does not change.

Next make some effort on your part to calculate with v = d/t and v'=d/t'

the different velocites as v=d/t measured by the earth observer and v'=d/t'

calculate v as always less than c and v' can be C-Vx, C or C + Vx. In the
short trip given v'= C+Vx with Vx being some calculated velocity added to C
or subtacted from C.

Bon Voyage!

Tom

C-ship: Our Sturdy Craft