Re: Re: starship-design: Hi, from a newbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Toxicroach <toxicroacho@swbell.net>
To: starship-design@lists.uoregon.edu <starship-design@lists.uoregon.edu>
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: Re: starship-design: Hi, from a newbie

Oh wow.  Eco-freak on the list.

A)  Even according to the worst predictions of global warming (coming from
Greenpeace &co., who, btw, have a vested interest in creating a popular
perception that there is a serious ecological crisis.  Never trust people
with vested insterests, IMHO), it is nowhere near apocalyptic levels of
destruction, as you seem to think.  Rio might get wet (and even that is very
debatable), but we aren't talking about needing another Ark.  Quite a bit of
evidence is confusing, to say the least.  Antartica, source of the melted
ice that will doom us all, for exmaple, is actually getting colder.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40974-2002Jan13.html

B) What is the "proper" use of resources, in your opinion?

C) Did any of you receive my last email?  (longwinded, perhaps boring, about
colonization on Mars)  I sent it from a different program, no response from
anyone, and I didn't receive it from the listserver.