RE: starship-design: Solar Windsurfing: The Fastest-Ever Propulsion (So Far)

Ben Franchuk wrote:

> Can this be used for local transport like from the Terra to Luna?
> At the moment it looks to be one way only. How do you TACK against
> the solar wind.

Unfortunately, I see no way to "tack" this craft. It is not a sail, in that
it doesn't deflect anything. As far as being one way, well I suppose that is
more a matter of charge than anything else. It should be possible to use
this for braking a ship coming into a solar system as well. Weren't we
looking at a system that would accelerate a craft out but couldn't slow it
down? Here are the brakes....

Lee