Re: starship-design: Re: Mystery force tugs

KellySt@aol.com writes:
 > but the design of the craft has the rtgs out on poles off to one side, with
 > the antenna pointed toward earth.  So any thrust would be perpendicular (give
 > or take) to the vector to earth.

Not if the thermal distribution of the RTGs themselves is asymmetrical.
And it's still just a guess that the RTGs are the source of the
discrepancy, although it's fairly clear that whatever causes this
discrepancy is instrinsic to the spacecraft, since other solar system
objects don't show similar discrepancies.

In any case, I'm wondering just what this ever had to do with
starship-design's real purpose.  Despite clearly stating for years that
this list is NOT for discussing speculative physics, some people just
don't get it.