Re: starship-design: re: so you want to go faster than light . . .

In a message dated 7/22/00 2:23:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, KellySt@aol.com
writes:

> n a message dated 7/22/00 12:27:44 PM, clmanges@worldnet.att.net writes:
>
>  >Regarding the current discussion, I have to agree that Dr. Einstein
>  >seems to suggest that FTL travel, for physical bodies at least, requires
>  >infinite energy.   ==
>
>  Actually it says that travel AT the speed of light takes infine power,
> travel
>  at less OR MORE then the speed of light doesn't.

Kelly,
Well it is clear the last four of us responders have agreed to disagree ;-)

Mathematically speaking at v=c returning 1/0 from special relativity
equations = undefined and not infinity as you appear to teach. Einstein
defined it relating to machines as the vanishing point from observer
perspective. I agree.
Tom