RE: starship-design: A forgotton fusion inventor.

Ben,

Farnsworth's Fusor bears a startling resemblance to the VASIMR engine. If
anything, I would say it was probably more advanced. VASIMR uses a similar
tube arrangement but the pump is an array of microwave emitters. It is still
a vacuum tube in basic concept though. If the quoted power input figures are
correct, Farnsworth's Fusor is vastly more efficient.

It would be interesting to see someone build one, demonstrate to the world
that it works and then LET ITT sue...it could be VERY embarrassing for ITT.

Lee