Re: starship-design: Re: FTL travel

Steve VanDevender wrote:

> Ben Franchuk writes:
>  > Finding the equation just recently  Power (in watts) = ISP ( impulse )
>  > * 9.8 ( g ) * N ( newtons of thrust ) / 2. Any propulsion system
>  > would require MAMMOTH amounts of power. Heat dissipation is the limiting
>  > factor here.

I don't claim a power-source here,but this is the limiting factor
regardless of the power source. Fusion is the most likely power source
but a tiny black-hole would give the most matter to energy conversion
factor.
I am not thinking of a real black hole, but more of high compression of
matter, with densities near white dwarf material. Anti-matter is hard to
produce
but not much work has been done in this field. I belive beta+ reactions
produce
anti-electrons but the reaction is slow.

--
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."