Re: starship-design: Casimir-Foreward balloon

Connor wrote:

> I was wondering how theoretical this is, if you guys buy it (or have heard of it), and how
> it could be applied to propulsion. I think the startrek ships fly with matter-antimatter
> reactions. Could they just bussard the matter/antimatter out of space and let them go
> off in a combustion chamber?

Handling antimatter - antiprotons is real easy , any one with a bit of grant
money
and good motor skills could build a bottle. Getting  anti-matter that is very
hard,
it is not like they sell it at the intergalatic 7-11. Check out
http://antimatter.phys.psu.edu/Index.html
for real one going development in this field.

Ben.
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."
"Where a calculator like the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and
 weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes
 and weigh only 1 1/2 tons."  Popular Mechanics, March 1949