Re: starship-design: Suspended animation.

"L. Parker" wrote:

> I can't resist...too many science fiction books!
>
> You have been found guilty of [BAD SI-FI WRITING], the court sentences you to
> life without parole (or death), however you may elect to become a crewmember
> on ...

The Zombie type dugs are only 1/2 the problem, the aging of the cells themselves
have to slow down. You don't want to go to sleep age 20 and wake up age 80.

The fact that you have no weight might permit unusal methods of slowing down the
cells,
as drugs would diffuse better.
Some cold water fish  have a natural anti-frezze so it you develop that for
humans
and keep the body at say 10 F, you may slow down the chemical aging of the
cells.

-
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."
"Where a calculator like the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and
 weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes
 and weigh only 1 1/2 tons."  Popular Mechanics, March 1949