starship-design: Raw Facts.

> >            Asteroids  Moon  Mars.
> > oil                   more    more  more
> > land                  more    more  more
> > metals                more    more  more
> > low g industry  more  more  more
> > solar           more  more  more
> >

> Lee

Oil 	- organic sludge made heated in the crust of a planet.
Carbon & hydrogen together is rare. H & CO2 would be burned off on the inner
planets
atmospheres. Mars has CO2 but not much H.

No life on near by planets and moons.

Heavy metals are fewer on the moon,because it was formed from the lighter
elements of the earths crust, when it was formed. Any heavy stuff would be at
the core.

Solar energy is 1/4 that of earth on Mars and 1/16 in the Asteroids.

Much of the metals on earth are concentrated because of Organic processes
or transport by water. Other than a few iron-nickel planetods you would have to
sift
through a lot of rock, for metals. Only a processing ship about that on the TV
show
"RED DWARF" would be practical.

These are the facts as I see them.
Ben
--
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." Einstein
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...