Re: Re: starship-design: build it now...

>===Is what we really want, a super cannon so cheap to
> build that Mauritania can have all the satellites it
> wants? The threshold for non shall we say governmental
> institutions, e.g. gangs, to have hypervelocity artillery,
> is crossed long before the smallest nations put up their
> peaceful scientific payloads. ==

Interesting.  That was the same logic the White House and DOD used to stop
funding of low cost launcher studies.  The high cost of access to space keeps
the lessor natinos and groups out of the big guys battle space.  NOt the best
reason in the world to lock a frountier.

Kelly