starship-design: URANOS Club Newsletter No. 2

         --> http://www.uranos.eu.org/uranose.html <--

         *   *   ****     ***    *   *    ***     ****
   * *   *   *   *   *   *   *   **  *   *   *   *       * *
  * * *  *   *   ****    *****   * * *   *   *    ***   * * *
   * *   *   *   *  *    *   *   *  **   *   *       *   * *
          ***    *   *   *   *   *   *    ***    ****

   CLUB * for * EXPANSION * of * CIVILIZATION * into * SPACE
No. 2              URANOS CLUB NEWSLETTER             6.IV.1999

This is the new issue of our irregularly published
electronic newsletter.

To receive further issues of this newsletter, please send
a letter expressing such a wish to the address:
                   <uranos@uranos.eu.org>
Changes to the URANOS site:

- An English version of the "Great Contributors to Space
  Exploration" page has been added.
- A general change of the structure of site navigation aids
  has been made (in anticipation to the soon-coming
  significant extension of the site - through adding the
  "Poland and Poles in space" pages): this includes the main
  layout change of the "Contents" page and adding new
  navigation menus on every page.
- Link pages were shortened (by changes in HTML coding),
  many new links added (especially to the list of Polish
  WWW sites), and a number of others updated.
- Many small improvements of graphics, coding and layout
  of most of the pages (especially in order to make them
  work well for different browsers) has been made,
  including addition of a number of links to items
  in the texts and correction of the errors found.

Other information:

- We are urgently looking for volunteers - native speakers
  of English - to help us on language checking and proofreading
  of English translations of our new pages.
- Our discussion list <klub@uranos.eu.org> grows slowly
  but systematically - it counts already 26 participants.
- We contacted and started co-operation with Polish Astronomical
  Society (information about our Club appeared in No. 11 of
  the Society's internet newsletter, and the newsletter is
  also being forwarded to our list <klub@uranos.eu.org>),
  as well as with the Polish Astronautical Society (information
  about our Club appeared in No. 2/1999 of the newsletter
  "Astronautyka").

Special information - The POLSTAR Project:

- We advise you to become acquainted with a current problem
  concerning Polish presence in space - troubles with planned
  Polish geostationary satellite. Details can be found in
  an article in the Polish weekly "Wprost" from December 1998,
  available on the Web (sorry, in Polish only),
  at one of the addresses:
     http://www.wprost.pl/iso/12.06.1998(836)/numer/s90.htm
     http://www.wprost.pl/ascii/12.06.1998(836)/numer/s90.htm
  A discussion of the problem goes currently on our list
  <klub@uranos.eu.org> - we invite you to take part in it!
                       Please forward!