starship-design: Been quiet for a while...

Hi all:

It's been quiet here for quite a long time. I have been thinking, for
now, perhaps we have exhausted our working 'resources' for designing a
starship. Technologically, we aren't concrete yet. But, here is
something we can do: define our overall objectives for exploring the
destination star system. What planets/moons do we investigate the most
heavily? How do we proceed in our exploration of planetary surfaces? I
would like to hear your opinions on this. It might make for some thought
provoking discussion.

Kyle R. Mcallister