Re: RE: RE: Re: Re: starship-design: Genuine STR question

> Given the reactors don't radiate hardly any power, I can't see

> that being a

> major source?

Unless we can build a one hundred percent efficient reactor or engine

or...there will ALWAYS be waste heat. On the scale we are talking about for

starship engines it will be significant. More than enough to run a

thermoelectric generator to produce all shipboard power. Probably not

anywhere near enough to power that lineac though. <G>

Well there would be a small (well under 1% if were lucky) waste heat factor.
But the main engines would only be usesd on entry or exit from a starsystem.
So you couldn't use it to provide shipboard power for the bulk of the flight.

Lee Parker

Kelly