RE: RE: Re: Re: starship-design: Genuine STR question

Kelly et. al.

> Given the reactors don't radiate hardly any power, I can't see
> that being a
> major source?

Unless we can build a one hundred percent efficient reactor or engine
or...there will ALWAYS be waste heat. On the scale we are talking about for
starship engines it will be significant. More than enough to run a
thermoelectric generator to produce all shipboard power. Probably not
anywhere near enough to power that lineac though. <G>

Lee Parker