starship-design: FTL and other drives.

> "Regarding other faster-than-light possibilities, there have also been
> some intriguing experimental effects. Photons have been measured to
> tunnel across a photonic band-gap barrier at 1.7 times the speed of light
> [37]. Even though the author concludes that information did not
> travel faster than light, the results are intriguing. It has been
> suggested to conduct similar experiments using matter rather than photons
> unambiguously test the information transfer rate. In addition, recent
> experiments of the rest mass of the electron antineutrino have measured
> an imaginary value [55]. Even though this result is attributed to possible
> errors, an imaginary mass value could be a signature characteristic of
> a tachyon (hypothetical faster-than-light particles). It has been
> suggested to revisit this and other similar data to determine if this can
> be
> credibly interpreted as evidence of tachyons. It was also pointed out that
> other experiments have been suggested to search for evidence of
> tachyons [56]."

   As a belever in Autodynamics, I find the first half of this belivable
with the last half senseless. ( Read No time travel ).

	To sum up the designs here  for travel to the stars -- say 10 light
 years.

	a) Worm hole travel
				instant but requires gate ways at each end.
	b) FTL travel
				2 to 5 x speed of light.
				have to drop out of warp to navigate and or
				to prevent heat build up.
	c) Time warp
				low speed travel with a time warp bubble
				to slow down aging with for long travel times.
				1/4C with time warp to give 1 to 2x C
	d) Fussion reactor
				3/4 to 1/10C

	e) Fussion reactor with