Re: starship-design: Starship Engineering

L. Clayton Parker wrote:

> It seems that this is one of the things we need in order to build a
> starship. It would increase structural strength while decreasing vehicle
> mass and that has to be a good thing. I assume the ones that have been made
> already were aluminum or aluminum alloy.

Yes, something like this would be very good. But we couldn't replace
everything with it. SInce it is less dense, it will be a much less
efficient radiation shield than denser metal. Perhaps this material
could be used for internal parts of the ship?

Kyle R. Mcallister