Re: starship-design: Zero point field

Fred Reyes wrote:

> Being a beginner at this, I am ashamed that I must ask for
> information you probably deign as well known.  But I must
> ask if I shall learn:
> Where can I get information about the zero point field?

Don't be afraid to ask questions, whatever you do! There is no 'dumb
question' when it pertains to science. If a scientists tells you you are
asking a dumb question, he is arrogant, and quit probably 'dumb'
himself. Now, to answer your question:

The zero point field is a 'sea' of electromagnetic fluctuations (EM
energy that appears and dissapears) that exists everywhere. If you
remove everything from a tiny cube of space, say about one cubic
centimeter, including light, neutrinos, atoms, EM fields, everything
that you can possibly remove, what have you got left? Actually, you have
quite a bit left. Assuming the ZPF's highest possible frequency is the
Planck frequency, you have about 10^114 ergs of energy left behind. Why
does this energy not gravitate the universe together? That is too
complex to get into here, but you can learn more about it by getting
copies of Puthoff, Haisch, and Rueda's papers. If you want references,
email me privately. It is possible to 'tap' this energy, but it is a one
shot effort, and to regauge the system, you must input more energy. This
is done using something called a "Casimir cavity." It consists of two
closely spaced metal plates, that are moved together. The closer they
come, the less ZPF can exist between them, as a wavelength bigger than
the cavity could not fit between the plates. The unequal radiation
pressure pushes the plates together. Steve Lamareaux demostrated this a
few years ago with excellent precision. Robert Forward reports that
there is a way to continuously extract energy from the ZPF, but I don't
know the details of it. If the ZPF underlies gravitation and inertia, it
may be possible to control them by interacting with the ZPF. But how do
we do that? No one knows yet. Look up references on Eugene Podkletnov
for a very interesting experimental result concerning gravitational
control. If you have any further questions, feel free to email me.

Kyle R. Mcallister