Re: starship-design: Re: Still doing stardrives?

"Ben Franchuk (Woodelf)" <bfranchuk@jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:
> Note even with a perfect engine as time slows down when you
> reach the speed of light, the output of the engine will drop
> off too since it slows down.
First of, how can you be sure that time slows down with speed??? Have
you seen it? Or is it only because this way, it's easier to do???

Second, admitting that time _does_ slow down with speed(well, i have
to: how will everyone react if i don't share their religion of
relativistic science??). Can someone explain to me why it does that,
grosso modo?
Because you can find many articles that explain how it's supposed to
do, but none that explain the why!
==
Vive le Québec libre... dé souverainistes!!!