RE: starship-design: Fermi, again . . .

> 	Just got the percolation theory paper today, and it doesn't seem to
> account for the comparative density of stars closer to the center of the
> galaxy, as opposed to where we are, out closer to the rim.

Stars closer to the center of the galaxy are LESS likely to support
intelligent life period. They are typically younger to start with, and the
radiation levels there are probably extreme. Most theories I have heard
state that the most likely places are older stars far out on the arms, even
farther than we are ourselves.

But it does account for density. Read closer.

Lee Parker