starship-design: URANOS Club Newsletter No. 1.

         --> http://www.uranos.eu.org/uranose.html <--

         *   *   ****     ***    *   *    ***     ****
   * *   *   *   *   *   *   *   **  *   *   *   *       * *
  * * *  *   *   ****    *****   * * *   *   *    ***   * * *
   * *   *   *   *  *    *   *   *  **   *   *       *   * *
          ***    *   *   *   *   *   *    ***    ****

   CLUB * for * EXPANSION * of * CIVILIZATION * into * SPACE
No. 1              URANOS CLUB NEWSLETTER            4.XII.1998

This is the first issue of our irregularly published
electronic newsletter.

To receive further issues of this newsletter, please send
a letter expressing such a wish to the address:
                   <uranos@uranos.eu.org>
Changes in the URANOS site:

- "Books worth reading": a new page (as yet only in Polish,
  sorry), containing a list of Polish-language books
  recommended by us for the Club supporters, with short
  descriptions.
- Updated list of links to Polish WWW sites related to space
  exploration, including new links to Polish institutions and
  organizations that have pages written only in English, and
  to personal pages of people active in amateur or professional
  space research and exploration.
- Reworked and updated page about Club activities, with
  information on new forms of our activities (see also below).
- Updated and extended list of links to WWW sites on the main
  links page (we especially recommend the "astrobiology" and
  "Space Jobs" pages, just added to the list).
- Various small improvements of graphics, contents and layout
  of most pages.

New Club Activities:

- We started issuing this Newsletter.
- We launched a new, bilingual, open e-mail discussion list
  <klub@uranos.eu.org>, aimed to be:
  * A contact point for people interested in the Club goals;
  * A means for coordination of possible activities for
    realization of these goals;
  * A discussion forum about aims, methods, perspectives
    and consequences of space exploration by humans.
  For more details see the Club pages at:
  http://www.uranos.eu.org/active.html#klub.
                       Please forward!