starship-design: way too long.

I think no new devopments will happen in space travel for intersteller travel,
only refinements of current developments. FTL and warped space seem to
require black holes -- something I don't want to have around. :)
This is a little like air craft before the wright brothers perfected the airplane,
a lot of ideas but nothing solid yet. We know that wings,engine and tail are
needed but how to put it all together. However a interpanetary trip is done
It will mean sacrifices and risk and hardships let a lone a interstellar trip.
Star Trek we will never have. Right now I have yet to see low cost travel into
earths orbit. If there is a fast way to travel to the stars I am sure man will
find it but that does not mean there is a fast way.