Re: starship-design: Bugs again

>>>I think it is quite save to say that there isn't any fertile spot on
Earth
>>>were there aren't bacteria already. These bacteria likely have
>>>overtaken/driven away all weaker kinds of bacteria and thus are the
fittest
>>>and most numerous for that particular spot.
>>
>>Your asuming they have an evolved defence against the intruders
(unlikly) and
>>that the bacteria themselves might not be the food for the intruder.
Even
>>tiny samples of more toxic bacteria introduced into a filled culture,
will
>>whip out the rest of the stuff in the culture.
>
>You are assuming that the alien bacteria evolved a defence against their
>Earthly enemies and that these alien bacteria might not be food for
>that-spot's-fittest bacteria.
>It may seem as if I'm making fun of you, but to me this seems a number
>game, the largest group is most likely to win.

Not necessarily. You could have a ton of bacteria and a few of a
different, stronger kind, and the stronger could win. We have plenty of
bacteria in our bodies,yet we are still prone to illness. A heavyweight
wrestler could take on dozens of 10 year olds, and who do you think would
win? That also brings up the question "Can they sufficient resistance?"

Jon

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]