RE: Re: Re: starship-design: RE: Bugs again

L. Parker writes:
 > Every analysis I've ever seen of relativity agrees that if you ignore the
 > evident causality paradoxes, travel above the speed of light is possible,
 > there just isn't any way to get there because travel at the speed of light
 > isn't possible.

Actually, I also remember Isaac Kuo making the very good point
that the structure of spacetime for an FTL particle would be so
weird that hardly any of the usual laws of physics would imply,
and that not even atoms could hold together since electromagnetic
forces wouldn't propagate isotropically.

Travel at the speed of light is possible -- for photons.