Re: RE: starship-design: RE: Bugs again

> From: KellySt@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 10/14/98 12:39:26 PM, zkulpa@zmit1.ippt.gov.pl wrote:
>
> >> From: "L. Parker" <lparker@cacaphony.net>
> >>
> >> Let us hope the whole galaxy doesn't subscribe to the survival of the
> >> fittest philosophy, we may just run into another intelligent species
> >> which is more fit...
> >>
> >That is quite possible.
> >Thus I would rather not count on that hope -
> >better work hard to become more fit.
> >And do not advertise our presence to all the Galaxy too early...
>
> I think we've got 50 years of broadcasts screeming were here
> to all concerned.

I do not have in mind our "normal" broadcasts:
first, they are undirected and low power (as others pointed out,
practically undetectable at interstellar distances), and they are
at most 50 ly away now, so we have still some time left
to work of being more fit...
I thought about intentional, narrow-beam broadcasts
(using our radar equipment) aimed at particular stars,
especialy close ones. I consider it silly,
equally as putting a plaque on Voyagers with coordinates
of our solar system.

-- Zenon