RE: RE: starship-design: YES, we might do it.

> ----------

Unfortunately, it's my personal account on the machine and I don't have
the ability to create other accounts.

The amount of stuff on there is a bit much for anyone with a day job to
maintain.  I've always felt that perhaps the best option would be for
everyone who wants to work on a part of the site to do it at one of the
free homepage places (Tripod, Geocities, etc.).  Then we could use the
original site as more a kind of Table of Contents for all the other
subsites.  A distributed system would be easier to maintain, because we
could each be responsible for a part of it.  We would have to make sure
that the main site linked to the subsites and the subsites linked back
to the mainsite, but that would be easy.  More difficult would be
maintaining any crosslinks between subsites - but definitely possible,
especially with the help of the mailing list.  Anyway, we could each
take a topic that we're most interested in: i.e., links to official
documents, links to "advanced propulsion concepts", information on
historical starship research, information on topics like fusion,
fission, anti-matter, asteroid belt mining, space tourism, etc.

David
David Levine                        david@playlink.com
Director of Development       http://www.playlink.com/
PlayLink                                (212) 387-8200
Professional Driver.  Closed Track.  Do not attempt.