Re: starship-design: RE: Weightless (was: Engine Parameters)

In a message dated 10/9/98 4:56:08 PM, lparker@cacaphony.net wrote:

>> But the frog is not weightless, that frog still feels a 1 g force upon
>
>> it's body, but that force is transmitted by magnetic fields instead of
>
>> contact with a solid object.
>

>Not true, IF the field is actually doing as advertised then the effect is
>
>equal upon every atom of the frog at the same time. It is, in fact
>
>weightless. It is NOT standing upon a plate isolated from the field, and the
>
>plate is levitating; which is equivalent to what you are saying.
>

>The problem still remains that we can't do it with humans, and I'm not yet
>
>ready to bet that it is actually doing what they say it is.
>

>Lee

If you really need to do super boost for a while you can float someone in a
fero fluid liguid.  Like the clear liguid they fill premees lungs with so they
can "breath" until their lungs can handel air.  Might need a bit of resporator
help but they tested rats in something like that up to 200 G's.  One day ship
time at that rate and you'ld be near light speed.

So can we drop the idea of ionizing frogs?  ;)

Kelly