Re: starship-design: Engine Parameters

Kyle,
	I read an article on this in Physics Today recently.  For _one_
human, you would need a magnet as large as your living room, and the
person couldn't move around much. A religious leader wanted one to
levitate him in front of his audience, bad luck.  As for the health
effects of magnetic fields, volunteers have spent time in fields up to 7
(I think) gauss with no measureable ill effects. Also, being levitated
doesn't seem to bother the frogs much.
Best Regards,
Nels Lindberg