Re: starship-design: Engine Parameters

Lee,
	here are some comments on your low/medium/high categories.
An acceleration of 90 m/ss for your high engine performance is
impractical.  This is for the simple reason that this equals about nine
gee's.  Even if an engine could be made to do this, no human frame can
take that much acceleration for more than a few minutes (here I assume we
continue with the idea of manned missions, even an unmanned vessel's
electronics would have to be special built to take the strain).
Military pilots wearing g-suits are limited to 9.5 gees for a few
seconds.
	As for the middle range, having done some aerobatics myself, I can
truthfully relate that taking three gees is somewhat uncomfortable, and
doctors know that it isn't good for you in the long run.
	NASA has probably done gee tolerance studies that give better
numbers, but I personally would be loath to spend the next several years
at more than 1.5 gees.
Best Regards
Nels