starship-design: Travel close to the speed of light as you fly a Star Ship to a distant Star

I received this letter some time ago, when I was on my holidays.
I have not yet checked the recommended site - maybe it contains
something interesting..
>From the letter it seems pretty well-known thing already.

-- Zenon Kulpa

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From holmsoft@dundee.net Wed Sep 16 04:58:55 1998
From: "Larry Holm" <holmsoft@dundee.net>
To: <zkulpa@ippt.gov.pl>
Cc: <holmsoft@dundee.net>
Subject: Travel close to the speed of light as you fly a Star Ship to a distant Star
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:08:03 -0400

Travel close to the speed of light as you fly a Star Ship to a distant
planet into orbit around a distant star.
I've written a program to make some calculations. I'm not sure if I'm crazy
or just wrong, but if I'm right, it might be something to think about and
share with the world.

Please check it out at http://www.dundee.net/holmsoft/StarTrip.html

Please let me know what you think about this at holmsoft@dundee.net

If you could share this with some friends, I would really appreciate it.

Accelerating at one Earth gravity, 32.2 feet per second per second.
The Ship will reach 99.9995750753503 percent Light Velocity.
At that velocity, one day on the Ship will equal about 343 Earth days.
The Ship will be traveling about one Earth Light Year per one Ship day.
To reach this velocity will take 11 months 18.13 Ship days or 1 year 6
months 5.41 Earth days.
Accelerated by a Ram Jet Fusion Engine using Interstellar Hydrogen for
fuel. At near light velocity the Engine Scoops will be collecting billions
of Hydogen protons per second.
I hope a rock doesn't hit the windshield.

Thanks for your time,
Larry Holm 09/13/98
holmsoft@dundee.net
Belleville, MI.