Re: starship-design: Planetary Landing

>Would'nt a large fusion powered starship, when landing on or starting
>from a planet's surface, devastate a large area around it, comparable to

>a nuclear bomb???

It wouldn't necessarily have to use fusion, or at lest not when taking of
or
landing. It could use conventional rockets we use now. Though technology
may be more advanced, we don't have to use it. If there was a more
powerful
rocket that wouldn't create much damage to the planet's surface, we could
use
that.

Jon