Re: starship-design: Suspended Animation

Johnatan,

>Would this actually happen? Age catching up to you, I mean.

Well, what do you think? You must have some ideas that are pro and/or
against it? Doesn't the movie give a plausable explanation?

What age do you mean anyway: Mental or physical? (I didn't see Forever Young.)
As far as I know physical aging is mainly caused by some genecodes (or
something like that) which count down untill they stop producing certain
proteins. These proteins are needed for regeneration and renewal of cells.

Note that the research for stopping the countdown of counting-genes may be
even more productive than suspended animation.

Timothy