Re: starship-design: Aircraft Carriers

David Levine wrote:

> Right - the only reason subs don't carry support fleets is for military
> purposes - they'd defeat the purpose of being stealthy if a bunch of surface
> vessels followed them around.  But a sub is much more akin to the kind of
> craft we're talking about.  So imagine a sub as large as an aircraft carrier
> - maybe a research sub with a fleet of support vessels.
> David Levine                     david@actionworld.com
> Director of Development    http://www.actionworld.com/
> ActionWorld, Inc.                       (212) 387-8200
> Professional Driver.  Closed Track.  Do not attempt.

And you've got SeaQuest DSV ! Actually this maybe a silly question but
did anybody ever do any research papers or designs of something like the
fictional SeaQuest, (or did the show ?) while they will largerly be irrelevant
perhaps we could find something useful in them.

Stephen.
--
stephen.harley@dial.pipex.com
http://ds.dial.pipex.com/s.harley/