RE: starship-design: Aircraft Carriers

Right - the only reason subs don't carry support fleets is for military
purposes - they'd defeat the purpose of being stealthy if a bunch of surface
vessels followed them around.  But a sub is much more akin to the kind of
craft we're talking about.  So imagine a sub as large as an aircraft carrier
- maybe a research sub with a fleet of support vessels.
David Levine                     david@actionworld.com
Director of Development    http://www.actionworld.com/
ActionWorld, Inc.                       (212) 387-8200
Professional Driver.  Closed Track.  Do not attempt.