starship-design: Air born Viruses

         In watching many Sci-Fi movie, I've come across two different
points that contradict each other, and you probably have too. In WAR OF
THE WORLDS, the invading aliens are killed by viruses and bacteria that
they are not immune to; in another movie, however, I forget which, it
said the viruses and other agent have not adapted to use of human cells.
I was wondering which of these is more likely of happening.

Jonathan
   To know is nothing at all;   To imagine is everything.    -Anatole
France

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]