RE: starship-design: RE: questions

Well, the old site was 5 megs and the new site is 4.  A lot of stuff
from the old site is missing on the new site, so I'd say in total LIT is
around 6 megs plus however big all of the uoregon mailing list archives
are.

Really, the problem is not space: the space on SunSITE is effectively
unlimited, there is no quota.  The main problem is accessability,
because it really is a group project and could best be updated by a
group.

The reason I'm picturing using something like GeoCities (rather than
have everyone keep their own stuff on their personal website) is that if
someone wants to quit working on the site with us, we won't have any
trouble - all they need to do is pass on the GeoCities account to
whoever wants to take over their portion.

The question of site heirarchy/layout has been raised in such a
situation.  I need to think about this some more, but I'm sure there is
a solution.
David Levine                     david@actionworld.com
Director of Development    http://www.actionworld.com/
ActionWorld, Inc.                       (212) 387-8200
Professional Driver.  Closed Track.  Do not attempt.