RE: Re: starship-design: One way (again...)

> ----------
> From: 	kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu[SMTP:kuo@bit.csc.lsu.edu]
> Subject: 	Re: Re: starship-design: One way (again...)
> a first manned interstellar mission.  Really, the only way we're
> going to be able to figure out if there is even a practical
> resource to exploit for refueling is with a manned mission.
> It would be phenominally lucky if the first such mission had
> the capability to exploit that resource.

I think this is an open issue.  Depending on the proximity of the
target, it MAY be possible to remotely make some of these kinds of
determinations in the next 50 years.
David Levine                     david@actionworld.com
Director of Development    http://www.actionworld.com/
ActionWorld, Inc.                       (212) 387-8200
Professional Driver.  Closed Track.  Do not attempt.