RE: starship-design: FTL and current physics

Kyle,

You are missing the point. NOBODY disagrees that there may be
physics out there that we don't understand yet, or perhaps
even suspect yet. The point is simply that as we currently
understand the universe, what you are asking is NOT POSSIBLE.

I will be the first to admit that our understanding is
imperfect at best, but it is all we have to go on. The
purpose of this group is to design a starship BASED ON
CURRENTLY ACCEPTED PHYSICAL PRINCIPLES, not on vaporware.

If you really must concentrate on exotic drives please
try to limit yourself to antimatter, that is just about
the upper bounds of what anyone here is willing to
SERIOUSLY consider.

Cuimnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu,

Lee