RE: RE: RE: starship-design: Pellet track

Kelly,

> All forms of magnetic confinement/compression have been beating
themselves
> blood trying to make it work.  So mucg time and money spent with so
little
> results makes me cynical.

I understand and agree to some extent with your cynicism, but it seems to
me that relativistic velocities would help rather than hinder such an
engine. After all, you are getting what amounts to inertial confinement for
free and even the commercial companies agree (at the moment) that inertial
confinement works best.

Lee