RE: starship-design: Deceleration scheme

Timothy,

I've NEVER been enthusiastic about solar/laser/maser/fuel sailing! I
only said that it is the only current technology for which MOST of the
engineering is done. Even then, there are still a few stumbling blocks.

The mass ratios alone make all the other proposals unlivable. Of course,
1,000 year one way trips are also unlivable.

Thanks for the link, I looked at it quickly. I was already familiar
with the majority of the material but I did find the dielectric sail
material interesting.

Lee