Re: starship-design: Deceleration scheme

Steve,

> > I'm not sure what you mean with "things" but it simply is not true that
> > higher exhaust velocities are best.
>
>This is really very simple.

No, it is not, otherwise you'd have acknowledged my approach. I'm starting
to doubt if you've looked at what I did.

I've seen your calculations over and over, and know they are right, but only
if you care for a total energy (including restmass). We only care about
normal energy (like the kind you store in a battery, which excludes restmass).
The latter is what I minimized.

Ken has done a good job in displaying our diffence of approach. I can't tell
it more clear.

I'd which you'd just tell me that I'm wrong or right.

Timothy