starship-design: New Idea from non member

---------start new idea -------------------

Each transmitter could be a stationary fusion rocket with the beam
pointed in one direction, and the fusion exhaust (at very low speed)
pointed in the other.  Since the whole thing is stationary, it could be
refueled periodicly by robot tenders.  The fusion motor could tap most
of the kinetic/thermal energy of the fusion products to provide
electricity to power the transmitter, with a little left over kinetic
energy and a fair amount of mass to provide a counter balancing force.

---------end new idea -------comments?-----

Ooh, I like it!  I'll See what I can come up with.

Jim