Re: starship-design: Re: Aliens

kyle writes:
 > Just a note:
 > ZPE generators are in the expirimental stage, and are showing sucess. As
 > far as the mention in earlier discussions of ZPE generators depleteing
 > the STC, I think it falls "back-in-its-slot" after use, with no
 > degradation/or quick regeneration.

If people are admitting this in public, then please provide references.

If you are usefully extracting energy from the vacuum, then it can't
just fall "back in its slot" after use; the energy has to permanently go
somewhere else for it to be useful.  If the zero-point energy really
gets completely replenished, then you aren't getting useful energy out
of the vacuum.