starship-design: I have many questions...

Greetings,

I am working on something and wish to get my underlying physics correct
(Steve, you taught me to do this) and have some questions I hope some of
you can answer:

1: If you were placed at creation beyond lightspeed, could you continue
being in an FTL state?

2: If you are beyond lightspeed, can you continue accelerating?

3: Can light be slowed down in a medium to less than 99.99c?

4: If you are beyond lightspeed in a dense medium, what happens? (it has
happened)

5: If you are travelling FTL, can you ever slow down below c?

Kyle Mcallister